VITEEE – 2017 – Online / Offline Application forms will be available from the Second week of November 2016.
No Negative marks for wrong answers. Candidate appearing in PCME is eligible for all the B.Tech. Engineering programmes offered at VIT University in PCBE is eligible for only 3 B.Tech. Bio-stream Engineering programmes.
‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for VITEEE-2017. (They should produce Migration cum Transfer Certificate as a proof of student of NIOS Board)
NRI candidates are also eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017, apart from applying through direct NRI form.
PIO and OCI holder are also eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017. (Foreign Candidates studied/studying in abroad can apply directly through foreign category only).
Schedule of VITEEE-2017
- VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be conducted from 05.04.2017 to 16.04.2017
- The duration of the entrance examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Exam will be conducted 3 sessions per day.
- Exam Timings (IST):
- I session – 9.00 am – 11.30 am
- II session – 12.30 pm – 3 .00 pm / III session – 4.00 pm – 6 .30 pm
Number of examination days in a particular centre is based on the total number of application registered in that centre.
Pattern of VITEEE Question
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) Total 125 questions
- 120 questions (Each 40 questions)
- English 5 questions
- PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) Total 125 questions
- 120 questions ( Each 40 questions)
- English 5 questions
- No Negative marks for wrong answers
- Candidate appearing in PCME is eligible for all the B.Tech. Engineering programmes offered at VIT University
Candidates appearing in PCB is eligible for only 3 B.Tech. Bio-stream Engineering programmes Refer (Information Brochure)
Equating is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates. The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used by VIT to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group. A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score. Candidates are advised not to make assumptions and predictions of their score or rank based on their own estimates of raw scores
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1stJuly 1995 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017
• Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2017 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
• The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
• Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
• ‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2017.
Guidelines to VITEEE – 2017 applicants
Online Application Forms
- Get ready to submit the application form, after following the below instructions
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 10KB to 200 KB (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) / Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate with 10KB to 200 KB (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG / JPEG format. Selfie photos will not be accepted.
- Mode of Payment – Internet Banking facility through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card
- All our correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through email only. Therefore, the applicant is requested to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact.
Offline Application Forms
Institutes interested to buy Offline Application forms in Bulk can contact:
Director, UG Admissions
VIT UNIVERSITY,VELLORE – 632014
Contact No. 0416-220 2157/ 2168
Test city details Click Here
|Issue of VITEEE-2017 Application Forms||From 9 th November 2016||Wednesday|
|Last date for receipt of VITEEE-2017 Application Forms||28th Feb 2017||Tuesday|
|VITEEE-2017||05.04.2017 to 16.04.2017||Wednesday to Sunday|
|Declaration of Results (Tentatively)||On or before 24.04.2017||Monday|
|Cost of OMR Application Form||Rs. 990/-||—|
|Cost of Online Application Form||Rs. 970/-||—|
Scholarship under “GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP)
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years.|
*Terms & Conditions apply
Terms and Conditions:
- First year scholarship will be applicable based on rank as above
- From second year onwards Scholarship will be applicable for each year subject to the student scoring CGPA of 8.0 or above, required Attendance and student not indulging in indisciplinary activities
Director – UG Admissions
Office of Admissions, VIT University,
Vellore – 632014 ,Tamil Nadu, India.
HELP LINE NUMBER – 0416-330 5555 [ DAY : MONDAY TO FRIDAY / TIMINGS : 9.00 am to 6.00 pm ]
Phone : + 91-416-220 2157, 220 2168
Fax : +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411
Email : email@example.com